Tuesday, July 19, 2005

UnicodeInput Utility

One of the blogs I read belongs to Mike Kaplan who created the Trigeminal website, featured in the sidebar. (I do know that my sidebar is a little puny, but I have had the habit of bookmarking sites in my favourites for ever - and can't seem to change the habit. That is also why I don't have an RSS feed.)

Mike writes enough posts everday in Sorting It All Out that he can afford to be both entertaining and technically detailed - quite an achievement! One of the many pluses of reading Mike's blog is that each post is brought to you by a Unicode character.

"This post brought to you by "ש" (U+05e9, a.k.a. HEBREW LETTER SHIN)"

Remember those long ago days ...

Yesterday he posted on a Unicodeinput Utility. I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it will answer a question I asked last month about how one could input by codepoint. I have always just input letters or characters, of some kind or other, but I have wondered what it meant to input by 'codepoint'. This needs to be in my list of resources. Thanks, Mike.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very welcome, though of course someone else did the real work here. :-)

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes,

Thanks to Andrew of www.fileformat.info.

Suz

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're using OS X on a Macintosh, Unicode hex input is one option you can add in the keyboard menu.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home